Information regarding covid-19
Many people have questions and concerns about the corona virus and covid-19. We follow the recommendations and rules set by Swedish authorities. We are constantly monitoring the development of the situation and adapting our routines accordingly. Here we gather information and answers to frequently asked questions.
During the current situation in our country and the world, we want to inform you about our efforts to reduce and prevent the risk of infection. The safety of hotel guests and staff is always our first priority in all situations. Our hotels are open as usual, but with extra attention to the safety for guests and employees. At our hotels, hygiene and cleanliness are always top priority.
We follow the recommendations and rules set by our Public Health Agency and The State Department regarding both our guests and staff. We are constantly monitoring the development of the situation and adapting our routines accordingly.
At this time these precautions are being taken:
- We follow guidelines and recommendations from local health authorities.
- Strict routines for our staff’s hand hygiene in connection with kitchen work, meals and toilet visits.
- Personnel dealing with food should always wear plastic gloves.
- Strengthened procedures for cleaning, cleanliness and hygiene.
- Strengthened procedures for disinfecting frequently used surfaces such as door handles, credit-card terminals and elevator buttons.
- Placed extra resources of hand-sanitizer in the breakfast room, restaurant and receptions.
- The staff stays at home if they are experiencing symptoms of a cold such as sore throat, fever or cough. Even if the symptoms can be considered mild.
- We keep the recommended distance from colleagues and guests.
- We have also recommended staff to avoid large crowds of people when they are off work.
We follow the recommendations and guidelines we receive from authorities and the Government and there are currently no decisions or plans to close the resort. We believe it is safe for hotel guests, conference guests and employees to maintain normal operation as long as advice from the authorities is heeded. Our staff is trained in handling situations that may arise at our hotel and we have confidence in their expertise.
At present, we follow our regular cancellation policy. If the authorities or the Government changes their guidelines, we will make a new decision accordingly.
As long as the area is not considered as an unsafe zone our standard cancellation rules apply.
Information regarding Covid-19 and Spa-environment
As of right now there is no easily accessible information from Sweden about how covid-19 behaves, and whether it infects in spa environment. Because of this we have been given information about this from Denmark. There, the Danish Health Authority (Sundhedsstyrelsen) has answered some of the questions that have arisen about this.
The Danish Health Authority (Sundhedsstyrelsen) answer: The National Board of Health states that the pool/sauna’s hot and humid environment has no significance impact on virus infection.
The Danish Health Authority (Sundhedsstyrelsen) answer: WHO writes that when using standard recommendation of at least 1.0 mg chlorine per liter of water, the risk of contamination through water is low.
Information about rebooking and cancellation
Based on the current situation, Cape East has decided to change its terms for changes to existing bookings. All prepaid bookings for stays between 23 March and 14 April 2020 can not be cancelled but rebooked for a fee of 400SEK. If the price for the new date is higher, the difference is to be paid by the guest. Rebooking is made via: firstname.lastname@example.org or (+46) (0)922 800 790
TERMS REGARDING OUR DIFFERENT HOTEL OFFERS:
Hotel package – Non Refundable
Can be rebooked if your stay is between March 23 – April 14, with a fee of 400SEK+ any difference in pricing between your prior booking and your new date. Can only be repaid under certain circumstances such as acute illness or a serious injury, that can be confirmed with a medical certificate.
Hotel Offer – Non Refundable
Can be rebooked if your stay is between March 23 – April 14, with a fee of 200SEK+ any difference in pricing between your prior booking and your new date. Can only be repaid under certain circumstances such as acute illness or a serious injury, that can be confirmed with a medical certificate.
Hotel Offer – Refundable
Can be rebooked or cancelled no later than 6pm on the day before arrival. If you paid your hotel offer in advance please contact our reception.
Cancellation and rebooking insurance
These are the terms for our cancellation and rebooking insurance:
- Your rebooking is free of charge if it’s made 7 days prior to your visit. However, the stay cannot be rebooked to a discounted alternative and the new arrival date should be a maximum of 6 months from the first arrival date. For cancellations made later than 7 days prior to your stay within the period of March 23 and April 14 the same conditions as Non Refundable applies.
- Free name changes
- Cancellation in case of illness (that can be confirmed with a medical certificate)
- Cancellation upon termination (that can be confirmed with a certificate)
For hotel packages and hotel offers booked after April 14 our standard booking terms applies.
NOTE! This applies to bookings made via Cape East. If you have booked a room through another operator such as Hotels.com, Expedia or Booking.com, their cancellation policy applies.